Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Skinny Grilled Cheeseburger Wraps

I love hamburgers! Unfortunately, they're usually not Weight Watchers/diet friendly. And, I'm a little burnt out on veggie burgers. So, I was super excited to find a recipe for a WW/diet friendly cheeseburger option! I loved it and, surprisingly, so did my husband and 19 month old son!


Ingredients
  • 1 pound ground beef (I used 93/7)
  • 1 tablespoon worcestershire sauce
  • 1 tablespoon ketchup
  • 1 tablespoon grated parmesan
  • 1 teaspoon dried onion flakes (I used fresh, chopped onion)
  • ⅛ teaspoon pepper
  • ⅛ teaspoon salt
  • 5 100 calorie wraps (I use Flatout Wraps)
  • 5 slices sharp american cheese (I used Sargento 40 calorie/slice Provolone)
  • 2 roma tomatoes, sliced
  • 1 cup of romaine lettuce (I used lettuce shreds)
  • Additional ketchup & mustard
Instructions
  1. In a medium skillet coated with cooking spray, cook the beef on medium until almost cooked through but still a little pink (about 7-10 minutes). 
  2. Add worcestershire, ketchup, grated parmesan, dried onion flakes, salt, and pepper to the beef. Mix together until thoroughly combined.
  3. Continue cooking until beef is cooked all the way through and is no longer pink.
  4. Turn on indoor grill to 350 (I used my Calphalon griddle pan on the stovetop)
  5. In the center of the wrap place a slice of cheese and ½ cup of the beef mixture. Add tomato and lettuce. Then, add some ketchup and mustard.                                                                                              
  6. Roll the wrap and place seam side down on grill (griddle). I added an additional piece of cheese to act as a "glue" to keep the wrap nice and sealed! Once there are nice grill marks turn over. Grill for another 2-3 minutes then remove.
  7. Repeat steps 4 and 5 for the rest of the wraps.

YUM YUM YUM! I served with sweet potato fries (which I dip in a mixture of ketchup & mayo...ahh-mazing!) and fresh fruit!

**Weight Watchers: with two slices of cheese on my wrap plus the sweet potato fries, this meal was 9 points plus!

Thanks to Skinny Mom's Kitchen for posting this delicious recipe! Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment