Yum! Seriously, y'all? YUM!
These Bisquick-based mini hamburger pies are scrumptious!
And the roasted zucchini is a perfect side!
Looks good, right? Because it IS!!
Mini Hamburger Pies
I followed this recipe for the mini burger pies.
1 lb lean (at least 80%) ground beef
1 large onion, chopped (1 cup)
1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
1 teaspoon garlic salt
1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese (4 oz)
1/2 cup milk
1/2 cup Original Bisquick® mix
>Heat oven to 375°F. Spray 12 regular-size muffin cups with cooking spray.
>In 10-inch skillet, cook beef and onion over medium-high heat 5 to 7 minutes, stirring frequently, until thoroughly cooked; drain. Cool 5 minutes; stir in Worcestershire sauce, garlic salt and cheese.
>In medium bowl, stir baking mixture ingredients with whisk or fork until blended. Spoon 1 scant tablespoon baking mixture into each muffin cup. Top with about 1/4 cup burger mixture. Spoon 1 tablespoon baking mixture onto burger mixture in each muffin cup.
>Bake about 30 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean, and muffin tops are golden brown. Cool 5 minutes. With thin knife, loosen sides of muffins from pan; remove from pan and place top side up on cooling rack. Cool 10 minutes longer, and serve with garnishes.
- Roasted Zucchini Sticks
- Thanks to Voracious Vander for this roasted zucchini recipe.
- 1. Preheat oven to 425 F
- 2. Cut your veg into 3-inch sticks, making sure they are even in thickness.
- 3. Line a baking tray with baking paper and a light layer of olive oil.
- 4. SEASON – go with the usual salt&pepper and branch out to one or two of the following (Choose Your Own Adventure-style): paprika, cumin, cayenne, crushed red peppers, thyme, rosemary, sage – really, whatever takes your fancy and suits your meal. Using premixed spice blends is a great option too – Italian, Mexican, Old Bay – you know, just not all at once. I used: Salt, pepper, garlic powder, and Pampered Chef Seasoning Salts
- Lightly toss your vegetable batons with a tablespoon or so of olive oil (not too much) and the herbs and spices.5. Spread your seasoned veg over your lined tray and roast, tossing halfway through, for about 20 minutes or until golden and slightly browned at the edges.
- Yum yum yum!! Enjoy, everyone!