Friday, June 1, 2012

DIY Bleach Pen Tee

I had such a hard time finding a great shirt for my son to wear for Father's Day. Whether stores didn't have his size or the shirt was too expensive, I just wasn't having much luck. 
Then, I remembered seeing this Bleach Pen T-shirt tutorial on Pinterest. 
I did not have a stencil, so I simply wrote "i <3 Dad" with a bleach pen.


>Buy a solid t-shirt from Hobby Lobby or Michaels (If you don't have one on hand). 
Make sure you use your coupons or wait until their tees are on sale!
>Place cardboard inside of t-shirt so bleach doesn't bleed through to other side
>Write your phrase/fill in a stencil design/etc with bleach pen
>Wait 10-25 minutes for the bleach to set in
>Once you're happy with your design, run the bleached portion under cold water
>Wash in washing machine
>Put it on, and show it off!

Thanks to Plum Adorable for posting this tutorial!
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment