Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Sweet and Spicy Bacon Chicken with Parmesan Roasted Tomatoes

Wow, this dinner was SUPER YUMMY!! (and a huge hit with my husband)

Here are the EASY recipes:

Sweet and Spicy Bacon Chicken

Ingredients
4 chicken breasts cut in thirds (12 pieces) I used chicken tenderloins
bacon slices (1 per piece of chicken)
salt and pepper to taste
garlic powder
chili powder
brown sugar

Directions
If using chicken breasts, Cut each breast into 3 pieces. Season all the chicken with the spices, then wrap a bacon slice around each piece, roll in brown sugar and place into an oven proof dish. Make sure you have some olive oil in the dish too, like 2 or 3 tablespoons is fine. I used PAM rather than olive oil. 

Bake at 400 degrees for 30 to 40 minutes or until chicken is cooked through and bacon is nice and brown and crispy.

Source: http://diaryofarecipeaddict.blogspot.com/search/label/Chicken

Parmesan Roasted Tomatoes

Ingredients

  • 4 tomatoes, halved horizontally I used 2 large tomatoes (halved them, cut off the ends, giving me two thick slices per tomato...4 total slices)
  • 1/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese I used Kraft grated Parm
  • 1 teaspoon chopped fresh oregano I used Publix Italian seasonings
  • 1/4 teaspoon salt
  • Freshly ground pepper, to taste
  • 4 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil

Directions
Preheat oven to 450° F. Place tomatoes cut-side up (this didn't apply to me as both sides were cut) on a baking sheet (I lined mine with aluminum foil for easy clean up). Top with Parmesan, oregano, salt and pepper (I also sprinkled on some shredded cheese). Drizzle with oil and bake until the tomatoes are tender, about 15 minutes.


Source: http://www.eatingwell.com/recipes/baked_parmesan_tomatoes.html

I served chicken and tomatoes with brown rice!

Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment