Thursday, February 2, 2012

Easy Chicken Stir Fry

Last night I made a super easy chicken stir fry! 
Below are the simple ingredients and easy steps!

Cook some chicken tenderloins in a skillet with oil until golden brown. Go ahead and
 cut the chicken into smaller pieces (I did this in the skillet when they were almost done cooking). When the chicken is done, set it aside on a plate/in a bowl, whatever tickles your fancy:) Return the pan back to the stovetop.

I found this rice in the clearance section at Publix..plus I had COUPONS for Uncle Ben's rice. Yay!
Anywho, after you've browned the chicken, go ahead and start cooking your rice.

I got this vegetable stir fry as part of a 3/$5 deal at Publix. So, you just dump the veggies into the same skillet that you used to cook the chicken. Then cover them with soy sauce....we LOVE soy sauce, so I soak the veggies in this delicious sauce. 
Cover the skillet with a lid and let it sit on medium 
heat until the rice is done, or until veggies are nice and soft. 

Remove the lid and add your cooked chicken. Stir together to ensure 
veggies and chicken are nice and warm (ie: ready to be served)!
Looks yummy, right?!

 While my stir fry was heating, I decided to put some leftover gordita bread to good use! I spread melted butter on the gorditas and sprinkled on some garlic salt. Then, I baked them until they were golden brown (maybe 5-10 minutes at 350??) I just kept an eye on them. 
They were not too soft but not too crunchy. Perfect addition to this meal!

And here is your final product:
Is your mouth watering?? Mine is! Yum!
Pin It

1 comment: