Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Tuna Noodle Casserole

Tonight I made a very easy tuna casserole. Your ingredients are below:

*Note my new Corningware dish that I got for Christmas! I love it! Thanks, Cindy!

I'm always looking for the perfect place to put my recipe while I'm prepping my meal. When I put it on the counter, it gets wet/food all over it/etc. Gross! So, I clipped it to a magnetic clip (4pack from Target dollar bin, pictured below) and stuck it to my magnetic oven range hood (next to another awesome Christmas gift, my magnetic Pampered Chef timer; thanks Margaret!) 
It keeps the recipe off the counter and out of the way!


Preheat your oven to 350. Go ahead an boil your pasta noodles; drain and return to pot. Set aside.
Combine soups, milk, tuna, and seasonings in saucepan on stove top on medium heat until warm throughout. (You can also place ingredients in microwave to warm).


While your tuna mixture is heating, go ahead and crush your potato chips.
I like to pour my chips into a bowl and crush with my magic tool; remember this guy?
I find this method to be super efficient: no greasy fingers (if you're a finger chip cruncher) and no wasted ziploc bag (if you're a pour-my-chip-into-a-bag-and-crush kinda gal)!



Now you want to pour your tuna mixture into your pot of cooked, drained, noodles. Mix it all together.
Coat your 2.5 quart baking dish with cooking spray and layer your ingredients in the following order:
Half of your tuna/noodle mixture, cheese, remainder of tuna/noodle mixture, crushed potato chips.
Then pop it into your preheated oven, uncovered, and bake for 20-30 minutes until the chips begin to brown and the casserole is heated throughout. Let cool for 10 minutes after removing from oven.


                    Beautiful golden casserole. I served with orange slices. Mmm, it was so good!



And here is your recipe:
INGREDIENTS
1 (16 ounce) package uncooked pasta shells (Next time I will use Rotini or Bowtie pasta)
2 (6 ounce) cans tuna, drained
1 (10.75 ounce) can condensed cream of mushroom soup
1 (10.75 ounce) can condensed cream of celery soup
1 1/4 cups milk
1 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
1 teaspoon crushed garlic (I just used a bit of garlic salt)
4 slices processed American cheese (I used Mild Shredded Cheddar)
1 1/2 cups crushed potato chips

DIRECTIONS
Boil pasta in lightly salted water for 10 minutes, or until al dente; drain well. Return the pasta to the pot
it was cooked in. 
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray a 2 1/2 quart casserole dish with cooking spray.
Mix tuna with cream of mushroom soup, cream of celery soup, milk, salt, black pepper, and garlic in a
medium saucepan. Place pan over medium low heat, and heat through. Alternatively, place these
ingredients in a microwave safe dish, and warm in the microwave.
Mix tuna mixture with pasta. Spread 1/2 of the noodles into the prepared dish. Arrange the cheese slices
over the noodles, then spread the remaining noodle mixture over the cheese. Top with crushed potato
chips.
Bake, uncovered, for 20 to 30 minutes; cook until the casserole is hot, and the chips begin to brown. Let cool for 10 minutes before serving.
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment