Monday, January 16, 2012

Couponing for Craft Supplies

As a daily crafter, I heavily rely on my paper cutter.
This one has been faithful for a few years, but he's just not 
cut out for the paper masses I deal with now.

 So, goodbye, old friend....


..and hello new one!



I don't pay full price for items at Hobby Lobby and with all of their deals and coupon, you shouldn't either. They have weekly sales (up to 50% off) that you can check online or in store. Make sure you print out their weekly coupon (usually a 40% off any regularly priced item) or pull it up on your smartphone! I was able to get this $29.99 paper trimmer for $17.99 with my 40% coupon. $12 savings!


I also wanted to let you know that I first purchased this paper trimmer by making memories...

I was really excited about this "shelf-sharpening precision paper trimmer. I took it out of the box as soon as I got home only to find scratches all over the steel measuring board. Plus, the blade/cutting was not smooth at all! I took it back to Hobby Lobby and exchanged it for the same product. Again, I opened the product and found a scratch-free board...but the blade was still very poor. It was squeaky and sounded like it needed some WD40. SO, I took it back again and exchanged it for the Fiskars product (pictured above). The Fiskars paper trimmer is great AND was less expensive!!










What deals and super savings have you found at Hobby Lobby?

Pin It

3 comments:

  1. That is awesome! I love me some Hobby Lobby!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your new paper trimmer looks great! Would love you to make me some dividers for my card box..hint hint :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I'm catching all of your hints, Mom;) Love you!

    ReplyDelete