Saturday, December 17, 2011
Easy Cinnamon Sugar Donuts
*Canned biscuits (anything but the flaky kind)-I used Pillsbury buttermilk Grands
*Melted butter in a shallow bowl/dish (4tbsp per 8 biscuits)
*Cinnamon & sugar (i.e. make your own cinnamon sugar...i love me some sugar, so i used more sugar!)
(1) Fill up a large frying pan/skillet with 1/2 inch vegetable oil. Let warm on medium high heat for a few minutes
(2) While oil is warming, cut holes in the biscuits (you can use a cookie cutter or any thing small and round)
**I saved the holes to make donut holes**
(3) Place biscuits in hot oil. Once golden brown, flip to the other side using tongs. If you want to make donut holes, just toss them in with the donuts!
(4) Once both sides are golden brown, transfer to a paper-towel lined pan/dish
(5) Once all biscuits are looking like golden donuts and have cooled, dip each one in your melted better; let excess butter drip off of donut, then...Dip into your cinnamon sugar mix!