Monday, November 21, 2011

Easy Crunchy Chicken & Rice Casserole



INGREDIENTS
1 Rotisserie chicken (already cooked)
1 can cream of mushroom soup
2-3 scoops sour cream
1 Tbsp mayo
Handful of chopped green olives (I buy them already chopped in a jar)
Handful of chopped celery and onion (whatever you prefer. I use both!)
2 cups instant rice (white or brown..I used brown for this one)
Shredded Cheese
Potato chips

DIRECTIONS
Prepare rice as directed on box.
Cut up chicken (removing skin) and layer on the bottom of casserole dish (I use 9x13 glass pyrex dish).
Mix cooked rice, soup, sour cream, mayo, olives, celery, & onions together; pour and smooth over layer of chicken.
Top with a layer of shredded cheese & crushed potato chips (you can really use any kind of cheese/chips. For this recipe I used Publix shredded mexican blend cheese & Lays classic potato chips. Mom likes to use Cape Cod Cracked Pepper Chips which are also VERY delicious).
I also put another layer of cheese on top of the crushed potato chips...what can I say, I LOVE CHEESE!
Bake at 350 for 20-30 min or until cheese has melted, chips are brown, and casserole is hot!

**I served with Publix Strawberry Fields Salad Kit (YUM!) and Sister Schubert Yeast Dinner Rolls! Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment